Eight things about me
First, the rules: For this meme, each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I am a news junkie. I prefer to start the day (after reading from a devotional and plugging in the coffee percolator) by reading a newspaper. Or two. Or more. If I can't get them in the morning, I'm content to read the papers later in the day. While we were in Virginia last week I had several blissful days in which I was able to procure 5 newspapers to read each day: The Washington Times, The Washington Post, The Free Lance-Star, The Wall Street Journal, and USA Today.
2. I prefer vanilla over chocolate.
3. I really like rules, directions, and maps.
4. Until I married Steve, I slept in a full-size bed with books covering all but a narrow space on the edge for my body. Now the books are stacked beside the bed and at the foot of the bed.
5. I enjoy going to the lake, but I rarely get in the water.
6. My "default mode" is sit-around-reading, so I'm thankful to have friends who invite me to do things with them.
7. I think of colors like numbers: cool colors (like blue or green) are odd-numbered; warm colors (like yellow or red) are even-numbered.
8. Being a Marine wife was one of the best things that God used to shape and refine me, and I would have loved for Steve to have stayed in longer. I miss it.
Hmmm... tagging others for this meme: Jeannine, Dy (I think Jennie tagged her, too), Marla , Meg , Tammy , Tracy , Jan , and Donna .