Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Sarah's afghan


Sarah decided that she would like something different from Jacy's afghan, so she will have the Moderne Log Cabin afghan from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

We ordered yarn from KnitPicks in different shades of red and blue, and black (to be the neutral element). She also wants orange in there, but I'm hoping she'll change her mind about that.

I don't think I'll be starting it until after January, though, because I'd like to knit some socks and sweaters for a while... .


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

I love that pattern. I can't wait to see what it looks like. Which yarn did you choose?

12:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wool of the Andes, Meg!

(Hey, I'll be calling you soon to work out the details of y'all's visit to us!)

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Red, blue and black OR blue, orange, black. I can see where color wheels are helpful with afghan and quilt production - all that stuff about secondary, complimentary colors. Our first kitchen was orange, royal blue stuff - looked great. Don't know if I'd do it now (now I'm leaning more to the red,beige, black)- although I still like the blue orange combo.

Lillium

7:22 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I've always liked that afghan.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Lillium, you are SO right about the color wheel - we used it to select the blues to complement her reds.

And as an Auburn alum, I have to always argue that orange and blue are first-rate!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home