Monday, November 19, 2007

Fresh cranberry relish



Sherry is collecting and posting links to recipes for Thanksgiving.

Here's my contribution, and I think I posted it last year, too.

Fresh Cranberry Relish

1 bag fresh cranberries

1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and quartered

1 orange, seeded and quartered

Wash all items thoroughly, discarding any mushy cranberries. In a food processor using the blade attachment, chop the orange quarters (with the peel), the apple quarters (with the peel), and finally the cranberries. Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup sugar. Chill. Serve. Lasts up to a week in the fridge. (I usually take the relish and divide it in half before adding the sugar. Half I leave unsweetened because I like it tart, and the other half I sweeten with sugar.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fresh and yummy! Happy Thanksgiving to you...

5:09 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm going to work ahead today on our Thanksgiving meal. Cranberry relish is not on our menu, but fresh made cranberry sauce is.

8:02 AM  
Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

I bought the ingredients for this and hope to serve it IN ADDITION to homemade sauce.

Happy Turkey Day!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home