Monday, December 10, 2007

Kissing Christmas Goodbye


Kissing Christmas Goodbye might be the best Agatha Raisin mystery M.C. Beaton has written. Agatha is fairly calm and mellow. She allows her staff to work, and doesn't fret about it. She hires a new detective, a seventeen-year-old girl named Toni, and in doing so helps Toni out of a tough family situation. She solves the case for which she was hired, and not in too melodramatic a way. Although there was not a lot of Christmas in the book, it was a pleasant, enjoyable mystery. (And the dust jacket is festive.)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Did I ever tell you that I read the Quiche of Death per your recommendation. It was a nice easy read.

Now can you remind me of the cooking books you liked so well. (Written by chefs and posted here a few months ago)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She has also written a short Hamish Macbeth Christmas story that I really enjoyed.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I am working my way through the series. They are quick fun reads. But currently I'm reading Hugh Laurie's The Gun Seller. Very good read so far (if you can handle a bit of language).

6:51 PM  
Blogger Baleboosteh said...

What a coincidence! I've never read any of her books but have just borrowed 'Quiche of Death' from the library for my sister to read when she visits from Australia. Looking forward to reading it myself now!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home