Saturday, May 10, 2008

Tom is 21 and other important news


Tom's birthday was on Thursday and he turned 21. This was a momentous occasion, because if one is 21 in Alabama one can buy a handgun, and can get a permit to carry a concealed weapon. So guess what Tom got for his birthday with his birthday money?

A Glock. And various necessary accoutrements. And a concealed weapon permit.



When Steve saw Tom's Glock, his eyes lit up, and he had this goofy grin on his face as he handled the gun, and he said to me, "I always wanted one of these and a permit to carry a concealed weapon... ."

I never knew that.

Happy Birthday, Tom! And be careful with that thing around the rest of us!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennie C. said...

Very cool. I'm gonna get my permit after we move. :-)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Wow! I don't think you can even blog about carrying a concealed weapon in California! lol

5:57 PM  
Blogger Dy said...

I will be so pleased if that's what the boys request for their 21st birthdays! Happy Birthday, Tom! Exercize your rights well, and enjoy your year!! :-)

Dy

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home