Thursday, January 08, 2009

Computer woes


Last Friday I spilt about 1/4 of a cup of pinot noir on my laptop. It did not enjoy it. Now I'm having to share computer time with the kids on their computer. The upside is that I've been more productive around the house cleaning and getting rid of stuff. The downside is that I don't have time to blog or read other blogs. But I have time to read and knit!

Next week I hope to organize my closet (again) and go through the bookshelves and thin the biblio-herd. In the meantime, I hope to blog occasionally using the kids computer or Steve's computer.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

Is it worth repairing?

2:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Well, it's 2 yrs old. I'd like my data off it, but Steve's on the phone now trying to find out if it's worth sending it in for repairs or not. If not, I guess in a few months I'll be looking for another computer.

I just hate losing all my bookmarks and pictures... .

Steve just reported - $498 to repair. NOT worth it!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

Just FYI Laura: I received an email from your hotmail account on Sunday 1/4/09 at 12:32 pm. I ignored it because the content didnt fit our blog friendship. I hope it wasnt a virus of some sort.

I hope you get a new computer soon because I will miss your posts.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I hope you'll be able to retrieve your data.

By the way, I got the same email Dana mentioned.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it bad that my favorite part of this post was the picture?!?!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home