Friday, July 03, 2009

Because the Time Is Near


Last month I read Because the Time Is Near by John MacArthur. It's been quite a while since I've read anything by John MacArthur, but this explanation or commentary on the book of Revelation was just as good, if not better, than any of the other books of his that I've read.

I've read several commentaries on Revelation, but I think I liked this one the best. MacArthur goes through Revelation verse by verse using the rest of scripture to comment and expound and explain this book. I thought that he was pretty careful not to impose his own interpretations on passages, but to allow scripture to interpret scripture. It's not a hard book to read and understand, and even made a good read-aloud. (I started out by reading it to Steve as he grilled our dinner, then continued for a bit longer.) Steve and I both agreed that this is a book we will keep for our personal library.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home