Monday, May 17, 2010

Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet quilt


Poor Joan! She chose the fabric and colors for this quilt five years ago, when she was 12! The squares were cut and stacked and ready to assemble. Then we moved. And I kept on thinking I'd eventually have time to put the pieces together and make the quilt. (I also had cut squares for quilts for Jacy, Sarah, and Marley.)

Now I've finally finished Joan's quilt. Thanks in large part to Jane Brocket's book, The Gentle Art of Quiltmaking, I felt that I could put it all together without machine-quilting it and still be happy with the end result.


So I did quilt it by hand, and I didn't use a frame or a hoop.


And I'm happy with the end result. Thankfully, so is Joan!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Margo said...

I'm sure Joan will find the quilt a treasure, something of comfort, and something HER children will really adore :)
It's very sweet. And I'm thinking now if I want to use a hoop or not to handquilt this summer.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home