Friday, September 22, 2006

Friday night pictures

Just got off the phone with Aunt Jane and Uncle Hiram. It was great to hear them and catch up for a few minutes with them. Aunt Jane is my aunt who had adventures of all sorts (she served as a medical missionary in the Belgian Congo back when it was the Belgian Congo, and worked at Shakertown at Pleasant Hill, Kentucky and took care of her father - my great-grandfather - Poppy), then met and married Uncle Hiram when she was 70 (isn't that romantic?).

I remember meeting Uncle Hiram a year or two before they married and thinking what a nice man he was. He showed the boys some fish he caught, then he and Aunt Jane walked with us down to a little park with a railroad running through it and we saw the train come through. Glenn and Aric were about 12 and 10 then, and Tom and Jacy were toddlers.

I hope that some pictures of Hayley, Abbey, and Madyson I send to Aunt Jane and Uncle Hiram go through - if not, I'll have to take lots when the girls come here to visit next month and send the pictures to them then. (Who am I kidding? Of course I'll take lots of pictures of the girls when they come see us!)

Jacy asked me to post some better pictures of her with her sisters.

Here they are on one of the front porch swings last month.

And here they are with Marley and cousins Charlotte and Kelli at Grandmother's funeral back in March.

And just for fun, here's a picture of Marley and Sam taken a few weeks ago, when they were pretending they lived in Mexico:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeannine said...

What great pictures!

I think my Sam would like to play with your Sam. :-)

8:52 PM  
Blogger Marla said...

Love the pics! I'm always so encouraged when I see the beautiful faces of homeschooled children! They look so happy and so loved. You are so blessed!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home