Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yet another pecan recipe

Pecan Cranberry Biscotti

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix and set aside:
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder

Mix well and add to dry ingredients:
3 eggs
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
zest of 1 lemon

Mix in:
1 c. dried cranberries
1 c. pecans

Make 2 loaves out of dough 3"x9"x1 1/2". Form edges. Place on parchment lined pan.

Cook 25 minutes. Cool.

Slice 1/2" thick. Bake at 275 degrees for 20 minutes on each side.


Sue made these for us this summer. I ate them all. Then she made us another batch and gave it to us when I went to Virginia to get David and Joan after they spent a week at her house. I ate almost all of that batch. (I made the mistake of offering David and Joan each a piece, and the little pigs ate their biscotti and wanted more, even when I told them it probably wasn't that good for them! ) That biscotti made the long drive from Virginia to Alabama sweeter. As my friend Layne would say, it's so good you have to eat it lying down!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil W said...

I must look into this. I'll try to let you know if I burn it.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home