Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The historical society's tour of homes

We are no carbon copy of a Currier & Ives print.

But wouldn't it be neat if we were?

Now my nervousness and apprehension have ratcheted up a notch or two since yesterday. While at the Kut 'n Kurl this afternoon getting haircuts for David and Sam, I chatted with Shannon, the beautician. She let me know that many more people bought tickets for the tour this year than did last year because they want to see the inside of our home - specifically the upstairs.

This is good. It drives me to pray even more. It means we'll have even more opportunities to point people to Christ Jesus. And maybe our guests will enjoy seeing the interior of this house they've wondered about for decades, without expecting it to be a tableau from a decorating magazine.

Tomorrow we throw greenery around and say we've "decorated."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I love seeing the insides of other people's houses.

Good luck decorating :o)

I haven't started yet.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Dy said...

Laura, what an exciting opportunity! I'll be praying for you, and I just know that everything will come together just as it should.

Dy

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home