Monday, March 05, 2007

Blind Side



Blind Side by Catherine Coulter was not what I was expecting, but I did read it to the end and wasn't too disappointed.

This is the first book I've read by Coulter, and I gather that several of the characters in this book have been featured in other books by her. As an F.B.I. thriller I found it a little slim on forensics, footwork, and guesswork leading to the capture of the criminals. This story of a kidnapped little boy (with a happy ending) is told mainly from the viewpoint of the victims, and while they were quite likeable and sympathetic, it wasn't what I was expecting. The bad guys were a bit too predictable, too. Still, for entertainment and not education it was a good read.

(I did have to willingly suspend my disbelief several times, however, not least in the cheery cavalier way these FBI agents let everyone know they were FBI agents - aren't they supposed to be somewhat sparing with that information sometimes?)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home