Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Lake work

Yesterday the children and I went out to the lake to help Mom and Dad do some housework and yardwork. Relatives from Idaho are arriving next week to spend a few days, and we're looking forward to their visit and want everything to sparkle and shine for them.




Joan, David, Marley, and Sam worked outside transplanting shrubs, cutting away dead ferns, raking the flowerbeds (and the beach) - and Marley and Sam tested the lake (still chilly) for us.


Sarah and I worked inside with Mom. I found several books of mine they'd borrowed, which was nice. It sounds silly to say this, but Mom and Dad have too many books. (Yes, I know the acorn didn't fall far from the tree - in fact, this acorn may be worse than the parental oak, however...). The bookshelves are filled and every horizontal surface has teetering stacks of more books. The measly five books I took away with me made no difference at all to the book problem.


We're going back today to work some more. The company's good and the weather is delightful - should be a good day.
(Marley is holding flowers from a honeysuckle azalea here - the flowers smell so sweet!)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

That sounds like a really wonderful time! :0)

11:10 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I can't wait for my kids to be able to do that... I can, but that looks like fun!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home