Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thinking blogs



Carmon very sweetly tagged me as a "thinking blogger." All you need to know about the Thinking Blogger Awards can be read at the Thinking Blog.

According to the rules, I must now tag five other blogs that make me think. There are more than five blogs that make me think, so whittling it down took a good bit of time yesterday. And quite a few of the blogs on my "thinking blogs" list have already been tagged.

So, without further ado and handwringing, here are five blogs that make me think:

Dy's blog, Classic Adventures, and Marla's blog, Contented Journey make me, in my role as homeschooling mom, think of how I can mesh everyday life and learning as those two ladies do it. Dy from her home in rural Alabama, and Marla from her home in Croatia, enjoy each day and the opportunies it brings.

At Hidden Art, Dana's blog, I think about how I can use the talents God has given me to encourage my family and create an environment that will inspire them to discover and develop their own God-given talents, and in turn use them in serving others.

Tracy's blog, Wool Windings, chronicles her adventures in knitting and spinning, but she also is like Dorcas from the Bible, using her kntting to benefit others. Lately she has made me ponder ways that I can bless others with what I enjoy doing, too.

And finally, one of my favorite "thinking" book blogs is Will Duquette's The View from the Foothills. Will reviews books, including books read aloud to his wife or children. He also publishes reviews by others in his monthly column Ex Libris Reviews. His last column was published in January (I take it he's been busy with other things lately), but the back issues are worth reading.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wool is very pretty -- I want to see a picture when it's spun!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You will, Penny. I called Barbara in Charlottesville yesterday and she's sending me a set of carders and two more bobbins for my wheel.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What? Reading of my neurosis and knitting misadventures doesn't make you think?? LOL Thanks for all those links. I look forward to browsing through them.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

You have paid me a compliment I'm not sure I'm deserving of. Thank you very much.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busy? Oh, yes. Was lucky to see this today,
almost a month later. Let's see who I can tag....

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home