Friday, July 13, 2007

5 things about Christ Jesus



Meg tagged me with this meme a few days ago and I've really enjoyed thinking about it (and trying to keep it to only 5 things) and reading through Scripture to find the verses I want, and being reminded of how amazing and incredible it is to know the Son of God.

Like Meg, the "dig" part is a bit much for me, as I'm thinking in terms of five things that overwhelm me, amaze me, and cause me to rejoice, so here are my five:

1. Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega. " 'I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,' says the Lord, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.' " (Revelation 1:8)

2. Jesus created all things - everything that is - and holds it all together. "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist." (Colossians 1: 15-17)

3. Jesus makes us spotless with His blood, and right with God. "...and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen." (Revelation 1:5,6)

4. Jesus, although fully God, became God in human flesh. "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14)

5. [I don't know how to summarize this, but it's one of the verses I love and think about a lot, imagining the entire world stuffed to bursting with volumes and volumes of books containing everything Jesus did, and yet, the world can't contain them all, and they continue out into space, on and on... ] "And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. Amen." (John 21:25)




Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Yes! I love the verse from John...not enough room on this earth to store the books that tell of all His wonderful works! He is so good...so indescribable.

Thanks for playing!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home