Monday, October 08, 2007

Had I but known...


I would not have gotten up at 6:45 a.m. I would not have quickly dressed, slurped down a HUGE mug of coffee, and driven Joan to the courthouse, arriving there before 7:00 a.m. so that we could have a good chance of being near the front of the line to get her driver's permit.

The square around the courthouse was deserted, but I smugly thought we were the early birds - first in line. Then Joan asked, "So, do you think they'll be open even though it's a holiday?"

Holiday? What holiday? Oh, that holiday. Glumly I restarted the car, drove home, and resigned myself to the fact that I wasted an opportunity to sleep in - all because I didn't check the calendar yesterday.

So, Happy Columbus Day, anyway!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennie C. said...

Yes, a no-mail day, too. I got up early, too. :-)

10:36 AM  
Blogger Good Yarns said...

My husband called from work to say, "STOP". "Stop what?" I asked. "Everything!" He says, "I's Columbus Day. Sit down and red to the kids about Columbus and call it a day." Whooppeeeee!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh... So that's why I haven't gotten any mail. Thanks for the tip.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

That's a good one! Columbus Day is somewhat forgettable as a holiday, isn't it?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home