Friday, December 21, 2007

Miss Betty and socks


Miss Betty is in Louisiana until after Christmas, so I have no one to knit with or with whom I can discuss books until she gets back. Before she left I learned that she has no hand-knit socks. She knit (and is knitting) socks for every one of her children, their spouses, her grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, and quite a few nephews and nieces, too. When her husband, Bill, was alive she knit all of his socks. But she has never made any for herself.
So I think before too many weeks pass I need to knit a pair of socks for Miss Betty so she can enjoy the feel of hand-knit socks.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Yes! She needs a pair of hand knitted socks...wish I were there, I would knit along with you for her! Love you. Meg

6:42 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

That's a great idea!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

I received for the first time ever a pair of hand knit socks!

An employee gave them to me for Christmas.

I feel special.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Hi Laura and Miss Betty!
You are both beautiful!

Won't that be fun to knit for someone who appreciates them :o)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home