Friday, May 23, 2008

The Hydrogen Murder



The Hydrogen Murder is the first book in a series by Camille Minichino that features elements in the periodic table. I picked up this book because the idea of a murder mystery based on chemistry and physics sounded interesting, and because the sleuth is a 55-year-old woman scientist who relocated from California to her home town of Boston.

In this book, a young physicist doing research on turning hydrogen into metallic form is murdered in his laboratory. Gloria Lamertino, a colleague of the victim who knew him in California, is called by the police to assist them in understanding the significance (if any) on the case of the murdered man's research.

While it wasn't the best mystery I've enjoyed, it was still an entertaining way to spend a few hours last week. And good enough to prompt me to get the rest of the series - as many as are currently available - to read this summer.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Thanks for the heads up on this author - I'll have to check this book out. :0)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Camille Minichino said...

This is Camille checking in. Thanks for the mention of my periodic table series, Laura. There are 8 in the series; if you have trouble locating any, let me know.

I also have a new mystery series, based on dollhouses/miniatures featuring a grandmother/granddaughter pair. Very cozy! "Murder in Miniature," writing as Margaret Grace.

http://www.minichino.com

5:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks for stopping by, Camille! I'll definitely look for your new series.

One of the best things about Gloria Lamertino is that she seems to be a genuine middle-aged woman - not a super-woman. A series featuring a grandmother and her granddaughter sounds great!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

Oh.my.goodness!!

The author herself. Wow!

I was coming back to say I'd ordered one from PaperbackSwap for DD#3 (biochem major) who also likes Dick Francis mysteries.

Now I think I'll get one of the new series for my mother. She loves dollhouses.

Neat :)

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home