Friday, October 10, 2008

Curtains for Joan

Actual curtains - not a euphemism for death. New bedsheets make inexpensive curtains (and tablecloths). Mother gave me a carload - literally - of sheets my grandmother bought over the years and stored away to eventually use or give as gifts. They were all still in their original plastic packaging, and most were 100% cotton. Some were very old - maybe older than me. Their packages had instructions not to use "bluing" on them, and to hang them on the clothesline out of direct sunlight when drying them.

Today I took these tie-backs Joan and I made a month ago and sewed plastic rings on them:


Then I put them in Joan's room and pulled back her curtains (white sheets) with them.


Cheap, easy, and quick!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennie C. said...

I'm happy to be able to paint things in COLORS after so many years of apartments and military quarters, but Joan's white room looks really nice!

And we use bedsheets for curtains, too. I can often make matching ones out of the flat sheet that comes in the set. We don't use them on the beds around here. :-)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Jennie! A friend of mine once told me I was the only military wife she knew who preferred white walls. My husband likes color, though!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

How pretty!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

It's so pretty! Love all the windows and the natural light. The white makes a nice backdrop for the colorful pillows, tie backs and pictures.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Steve Smith said...

This is very interesting. thanks for that. we need more sites like this. i commend you on your great content and excellent topic choices.
linen bed skirts

3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home