Friday, July 03, 2009

Babette for Marley


Marley chose the Babette Blanket by Kathy Merrick for me to make for her. Like the Lizard Ridge Afghan by Laura Aylor that I made for Jacy, or the Mitered Squares Blanket by Ann and Kay of Mason Dixon Knitting that I'm knitting for Joan, this blanket is made of individual squares seamed together. So it will be another portable project - at least until the very end.

I do plan to used worsted weight wool yarn rather than the superfine superwash yarn recommended in the pattern.

Got to hurry up now and finish the Mitered Squares blanket!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I've loved the Babette pattern for years now (haven't made one yet, though), good choice!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous vanessa said...

Wow! I've never seen the babette blanket, and it's extraordinary isn't it?! Love the colours, and it looks like it would be great fun to make. I think that's the most generous gift you could give a person, a blanket made by yourself. It's not just the cost of the materials, it's the time and love you put into it. You're a very generous person.
Love Vanessa xxx (do you mind if i knit)

3:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home