Thursday, October 22, 2009

Making an appetizer


Making appetizers is not one of my strengths.

Tonight I have to take finger-food (not sweet) to a meeting. Thankfully, I remembered that I have this old (1958) Good Housekeeping cookbook that I got from my mom.

I read through it and immediately discarded the recipes which included chicken livers or anchovies. While I would eat those, I'm relatively certain that few other ladies at the meeting would.

This recipe with chicken, bacon, and apples sounded like a good autumn recipe, and since it's basically chicken salad, I think it will be appropriate "lady-food."

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

Sounds delicious!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Susuhigh said...

Yummy!!! I'll bet it was delicious!!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It WAS delicious! And Steve happily ate the leftovers for lunch the next day!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Dy said...

That sounds delicious! I love old cookbooks. We've been given newer ones, but we have two, both from the 40's or 50's, that we go to every time we need a recipe. They're fun!

1:54 AM  
Blogger  Kim said...

Just checking in and wondering where you are? You haven't posted in a while and I miss you!
Hope all is well...
*smiles*

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home