Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sarah's quilt top


After I finished Joan's quilt, I asked Sarah to look over her old squares that I cut out five years ago and see if she still liked them. She decided she'd like something different, so she looked through my fabric and chose greens. The large flower print and the blue-green material are both fabrics her great-grandmother bought back in the early 1970's. The pale mint green and the light green fabrics were bought by her grandmother in the mid-1980's. And the other material is what I bought. There is one more green for the border, and a yellow-green for the binding. The back will be... something else.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

Your colors are pretty! I am finding myself drawn to blues, greens and aquas lately.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Oh, I love, love, LOVE this one! Very nice choices in colors and patterns.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

How beautiful! I love how the random rectangles in there - and the colors are delicious. How are you going to quilt it? In the ditch?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Tracy! I knew you'd like it, Christian - I remember that you're a "green color" girl. Margo, the rectangles are thanks to Jane Brocket - seeing her quilts gave me the idea to mix it up a little.

And I'm quilting it beside the seams, ala Jane Brocket, so I don't have to push that needle through so many layers, although I thought about doing it in the ditch.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Lisa Kay said...

It's gorgeous. Love the border color, too. :)

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home