Tuesday, November 30, 2010

No more leftovers


This year, our Thanksgiving leftovers were consumed in record time. For the past four years the holiday turkey leftovers would languish, undesired, in the fridge until I tossed them out.

I couldn't figure out why my family suddenly had no taste for turkey - that had never happened before. This year I found a free-range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free 20-lb. turkey, and once again, the family loves turkey. Then I remembered that for over a decade all I bought for our family was organic or free-range poultry. But when we moved here four years ago, we had no source for that anymore, and had to get what the grocery stores offered. Ugh.

There's a huge taste difference in a free-range turkey and a conventional grocery store turkey. Everything made with it - the dressing, the gravy, turkey sandwiches, turkey noodle soup - tastes different according to the bird used.

So the tasty bird and its carcass have been eaten up - every delicious morsel.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cecilia said...

my parents always eat big when they come to my house and i think it is because my food tastes better and has all those nutrients that over-processed food is lacking! i still can't get my husband to like turkey . . .

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home