Thursday, August 11, 2011

So much baby, so little time...


They're home and he's now a week old. I didn't get to help Amy when our granddaughters were born, so helping Joan with Bear is a new experience for me - and one I'm thoroughly enjoying. My mother came and stayed with us for one to two weeks after each of our children were born, and she ran the house, took care of the children, and took care of me during that time. I appreciated it then, but I have a whole new and deeper appreciation of her great service to me and to my family now that I'm the go-to helper for Joan. And I'm grateful to God for work, for an opportunity to serve those I love.

There hasn't been much time for reading, knitting, quilting, etc., but these infant days are so fleeting that I'm not missing those past times - much.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Kay said...

Congratulations, Grandma! It will be a little while before I have grandbabies, since my son is only five... I'm an older mom, so maybe I can help (not be working a day job) when he has kids. I keep saying I'm going to retire when he's done with school... It's great that you get to help with Bear.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home