Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Preparing for a Feast on Fat Tuesday

While others are preparing to deny themselves something for the next forty days, would you consider joining me in indulging in something extra for Lent?

 Deuteronomy 8:3 tells us, "So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord."

And Jesus repeated that truth in Luke 4:4, " And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

Let's sit down each day at a banquet feast prepared for us by the King of kings and LORD of lords, the true manna from heaven, the Living Word, and see how that perfect daily bread enriches our lives.

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God." ~ Colossians 3:16

(I made a schedule for Lenten Bible reading a few years ago, and you're welcome to use it, too! I find that it takes me about an hour - or less - to read the selection for the day.)

 Lenten Bible Reading Plan
Day 1: Genesis
Day 2: Exodus
Day 3: Leviticus, Numbers
Day 4: Deuteronomy
Day 5: Joshua
Day 6: Judges, Ruth
Day 7: I Samuel
Day 8: II Samuel
Day 9: I Kings
Day 10: II Kings
Day 11: I Chronicles
Day 12: II Chronicles
Day 13: Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
Day 14: Job
Day 15: Psalms, chapters 1 - 75
Day 16: Psalms, chapters 76 - 150
Day 17: Proverbs
Day 18: Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon
Day 19: Isaiah, chapters 1 - 33
Day 20: Isaiah, chapters 34 - 66
Day 21: Jeremiah, chapters 1 - 26
Day 22: Jeremiah, chapters 27 - 52
Day 23: Lamentations
Day 24: Ezekiel, chapters 1 - 24
Day 25: Ezekiel, chapters 25 - 48
Day 26: Daniel
Day 27: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah
Day 28: Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi
Day 29: Matthew
Day 30: Mark
Day 31: Luke
Day 32: John
Day 33: Acts
Day 34: Romans
Day 35: I Corinthians
Day 36: II Corinthians
Day 37: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians
Day 38: I Thessalonians, II Thessalonians, I Timothy, II Timothy, Titus, Philemon
Day 39: Hebrews, James, I Peter, II Peter, I John, II John, III John
Day 40: Jude, Revelation

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian - Modobject@Home said...

I'm joining you for the feast, and so is my friend Jennifer. We're going to try to hold each other accountable.

9:15 PM  
Blogger BubblesandMoney said...

Can't wait to hear how this goes. I may try it next year.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home