Friday, January 12, 2007

Cheeseburger pizza - courtesy of Donna

Donna mentioned a bacon cheeseburger pizza today, and since we'd planned to make some kind of pizza for tonight's supper (and because once the idea of a pizza with mustard and pickles on it was in my mind I couldn't think of anything else) we made Donna's pizza, with a couple of tweaks.

I made the dough for the crust while Sarah chopped onions, sliced pickles, and grated extra sharp cheddar cheese. We had the ground beef cooking in a skillet while we worked. Sarah got out the mustard, and we decided we'd try adding ketchup, too. Sarah also made the customary tomato sauce with garlic, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes for a "cheeseburger" pizza for Steve and David, which was made with the sauce, ground beef, onion, and cheese - and nothing else.


After I pre-cooked the crust (400 degrees for 10 minutes) I squeezed ketchup on it in a rough spiral.


Sarah followed with mustard.


Next we added the pickles.


Then we added the cheese, followed by the beef, and topped it all with onion (we had no bacon, much to Sarah's dismay). We baked it just long enough to melt the cheese, then ate it.


It was so good, it was gone within minutes. We (Joan, Sarah, Sam, and I) loved it, and Steve and David sniffed the aroma wistfully and said they wished they could have had some. It tasted like a Krystal burger - only better!

David says that next time we should make one with all of the above ingredients, except for the pickles. "But the pickles are what made it so tasty, David!" Sarah and Joan exclaimed, but they were unable to persuade him.

Thanks so much, Donna! This is going in the family book of favorite recipes.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh Hooray!!!!

I am so excited that it turned out!
And I love the photos!
The ketchup was a brilliant idea.

Guess what?
I have never tried to make this pizza...now you have me inspired to try it home made :o)

Yay for Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm new to your blog, found it via Soli Deo Gloria. this Cheeseburger Pizza looks like something my family would enjoy, yeah, like this next week!

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home