Friday, April 06, 2007

The puppy is here


Marley has her puppy - Cocoa. Steve, Sarah, and Marley arrived home just a few hours ago and we're ga-ga over this dog. She's so sweet and so cute - and it's been 16 years since we last had a dog.
So we're nuts. Jacy keeps referring to the puppy as "the baby." Tom rolled around on the lawn with it. Sarah lets it lick her face. David, Sam, and Joan have run around with it and held it, and introduced toys to it. I made it dinner (a mix of rice, oatmeal, carrots, and chicken breast, in case you're interested in how crazy I am) and cannot sit and serenely knit on my cabaret raglan because bizarre thoughts of knitting a huge dog bed out of bulky wool on size 15 needles - then felt it, I think - keep occupying my mind.
But she is a cute puppy!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marley~
I saw the picture of your new puppy! She is so cute! I really miss you. You are one of my best friends. I hope that you enjoy your dog as much as I enjoy mine.

Love, Your Friend,
Sarah

7:32 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

So cute together!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

There is a saying that the outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man..

I think it's the same for kids and puppies!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

She's adorable!! I love chocolate labs (thats what she is right?)

Our black lab pup is now about 2 years old and is 100 lbs (i'm guessing) of puppy.

Enjoy.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Welcome to your new little puppy!

Happy day!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home