Friday, May 11, 2007

Charmed Knits


Alison Hansel's book, Charmed Knits, arrived at my house on Wednesday. The children fell upon it immediately, but I was finally able to sit down with a cup of tea and read through it.

I'm so delighted with this collection of patterns. (So are the children.) There are a number of whimsical projects - a wizard's hat, wand cases, an owl, etc. - and many practical projects - sweaters, socks, scarves, and so on. The patterns range from easy to complex, and were made from a wide variety of yarns, too, from inexpensive to pricey. I was happy to see a number of items knitted with Lion Brand Wool-ease, Cascade 220, and Plymouth Encore.

My favorites for today? These are on the list:




And the garment I like best, but will never, ever make:




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home