Saturday, December 29, 2007

My favorite books read in 2007

Sherry at Semicolon is hosting a year-end book list round up. She asks readers to send lists of books read in 2007, or books to be read in 2008, or other book lists.

From the list of books I read this past year, I've selected my favorites. Some I have reviewed, others I haven't. My only criteria for "favorite" is that I have to have recommended it several times to friends or family members.

1. Martin Chuzzlewit by Charles Dickens.

2. Flight Path: A Biography of Frank Barker, Jr. by Janie Buck and Mary Lou Davis.

3. Last Harvest by Witold Rybczynski.

4. The Good Husband of Zebra Drive by Alexander McCall Smith.

5. Witness by Whittaker Chambers.

6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

7. T is for Treason by Sue Grafton.

8. The Making of a Chef by Michael Ruhlman.

9. The Giver by Lois Lowry.

10. Morning and Evening Daily Readings by Charles Haddon Spurgeon.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Woodruff said...

Your list looks interesting and I marked them all. My husband and my daughter loved The Giver

7:25 PM  
Blogger Framed said...

I've only read The Book Thief from your list, but I loved it.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home