Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gooey Butter Cake

Despite my best efforts to get a picture of this week's new recipe results, it was completely eaten before I could get my camera. (I was lucky to get a bit of cake for myself before it disappeared!)

Hayley chose this week's recipe - a favorite of hers, but one we've never had before. Amy says this is a Midwestern favorite, and now we know why. I have no idea what this cake is like a few hours after it's made, but hot from the oven, eaten within 10 minutes of the oven timer going off it is warm, sweet, rich, and comforting! It's also quick and easy to make.

Gooey Butter Cake
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1/2 c. butter
1 egg

Mix these three ingredients and pat the dough into an ungreased 9x13 inch cake pan.


1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 lb. box confectioners' sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Cream together these ingredients and pour over cake dough, spreading to the edges. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

Mmmm, this sounds tasty! I'll have to give it a try. :0)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Your little baby in utero will go nuts when you eat this!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Rich and yummy. I remember this cake from the "good old days" (when I could anything I wanted).

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home