Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer projects

It's been a wonderful month with visits from several good friends, lovely summer weather, fresh vegetables from the garden, and time to finish some knitted and crocheted items.

For Jacy and her roommates to use this year I made 8 dishcloths and 4 potholders. ( The dishcloth on the far right is Parallelograms - Left Slanting and it's a quick and easy and interesting pattern.) :


Miss Betty taught me how to crochet an afghan that is essentially a huge granny square. So I made a baby blanket for a baby due to be born in September:


And I knit a bib for the same baby:



Finally, last night I finished a pair of slippers Sam asked me to knit for him:

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

You are inspiring me to knit dishcloths for my son's girlfriend and her roommates. I hope I have time!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Oh Laura,
Every time I see those delightful Mason Dixon wash cloths I want to know how to make them and I wish i could come over to your house and you can show me the way.
I found the directions really confusing and have never made one.

Maybe I can twist Lynn's arm to figure it out and then she can teach me :o)

11:15 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Donna, they are SOOO easy! Just have Katie or Emma read aloud the instructions while you do it. That helps a lot.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have some slippers just like that (except green and yellow) that my grandma made for me when I was a teenager, and now they are my daughter's favorite slippers. ;-)

Seneca Army Depot! That's right across the lake from my parents', roughly. We had a friend who was stationed out there and we used to go bowling at the depot's alley. You know it's all closed down now and is something else now; I can't remember what. Did you used to see the white deer?

2:42 PM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Aww, thanks for the nice memories of upstate NY. My father is a retired prof from Cornell. 2 of my brothers still live there and have orchards: Littletree in Newfield and Indian Creek on Trumansburg Rd.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

What fun! I love the parrallellograms dishcloth. I will have to give it a try. Where did you get the slipper pattern? I like that too. The afghan looks like 4 triangles together rather than a large square...how did that work?

11:57 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey, Meg! The slipper pattern was a free gift for renewing a magazine subscription. I'll get it to you - it's easy and was a nice way to use up some leftover yarn.

The afghan is just a large (almost never-ending) granny square.

I'll give you a call this week.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home