Friday, October 17, 2008

Swatches don't count as new projects...


...right? Because if I can just make a ripple stitch afghan swatch, then I'm not goofing off from finishing the two other knitting projects I have going that desperately need to be finished if I am to continue to enjoy the good opinion of certain family members.

And if it's not a full-size afghan, and is definitely wonky in places where I've made a mistake or two, then it's all part of learning and not a case of crocheting something exciting and new. Right? And I'm using yarn leftover from other projects, and not high-quality yarn at that.

I mean, swatches can sometimes end up as useful pieces in addition to being swatches. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joansie said...

All those justifications makes sense to me. Besides, what's one new project. Just call it a stress-reliever!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Yeah, you can call it a swatch now, but when it's finished I think you might have to call it a lap blanket. :)

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home