Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dad's socks - getting there


I asked Dad to try on the finished sock last week and let me know how it fit lengthwise. He has long feet (size 12 shoe) and I was afraid I wouldn't get them right. I finished the toe, but did not weave in the yarn so that if I had to rip back and make them shorter, I could. (Aric's feet are size 13 and Steve's are size 11, so I was hoping I had hit the happy medium.)

He came while I was out and tried on the sock. When I saw him later in the day, he said it was great, but he'd like it a bit longer. LONGER?! What he meant was that he'd like a longer cuff. Unfortunately I knit the sock from the cuff down to the toe, so adding length to the cuff isn't really an option.

But now I know for his second pair to make the cuff 9 inches instead of 8 inches.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Socks that size will probably take an extra skein of yarn. They look great!

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home