Friday, January 08, 2010

An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination


Elizabeth McCracken's memoir, An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination was on my 2009 reading list. I read it back in the summer and enjoyed it.

Yes, it's a sad book. The writer met a man, married him, lived happily, got pregnant - and the baby was stillborn. That's sad. But her thoughts and actions made sense, and she wrote well. Thankfully, it is not a long book. Otherwise it might be too hard to read.

I was glad to find out that she's since had two more children, and they are alive and well.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Well, it certainly has an interesting title!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

I don't think I could read this one--thanks for the heads-up!

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home