Friday, January 08, 2010

A knitting project for the not-so-distant future


This year I'll be knitting a large shawl for my mother. Thanks to Harrisville Designs it won't be very expensive, either. Mom wanted a shawl to wear to her Red Hat Ladies meetings. She chose the color and the pattern.

First I ordered the Resource Guide so Mom could see the true color of the yarn and be certain it was what she wanted. It was worth every penny and I encouraged her to take her time deciding and to look at the yarn with indoor and natural outdoor light, too. She settled on Blackberry and the Fir Cone Square Shawl from Cheryl Oberle's book, Folk Shawls.



I don't know when I'll start it, as I don't want it to be a stop and start project, but I think it will be fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home