Thursday, May 20, 2010

48 hours ago


Early on Tuesday morning I heard what I thought was a kitten outside the living room window. I ignored the sound for quite some time, thinking it was a mockingbird. But then I heard what sounded like a low growl, so I went outside to investigate.

From under the heat pump came a little whimper, then a tiny bark. A puppy, not a kitten! I called all of the children to come outside and help me get the animal out of the heat pump casing. A few minutes later we held a tiny shivering female puppy.

The children started calling friends trying to find a home for the pup. Sarah's friend Matt says he will take the puppy, but Sarah can't get the puppy to him until Saturday.

So in the meantime we have this terribly adorable puppy, who has now been bathed, treated for fleas, had her first shots, been de-wormed and named "Lola" by Sarah.

Keeping a puppy temporarily is dangerous business... .

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Be careful...she's so cute!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Cecilia said...

how sweet!I'm glad you have a friend to give her to, otherwise, how could you? I couldn't . . .
:o)

6:43 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

oh fer cute. I think that's the only way I would ever end up as a dog owner! Rationally, without a cute helpless puppy in my arms, I would think of all the work.

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cutie and glad you found a home for her :)

Lillium

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home