Monday, June 21, 2010

Jury duty


Last week I had jury duty. This week I again have jury duty. So far, I have not made the cut to actually sit on a jury. But I live in hope.

Last week was one of those weeks I'm glad is now in the past. In addition to jury duty I also had museum duty (and could find no substitute). Sam got sick - sick enough to have to go to the doctor and get antibiotics. Bowie, the dog, got sick. All over the family room floor. All night. From both ends. It was not a happy sight that greeted me when I walked into the family room at 6:00 a.m. He managed to be sick ONLY on the HUGE oval area rug that cover(ed) the entire room. At 6:30 a.m. I was moving furniture and rolling up the rug and coaxing sleeping teenagers to get up and help me get the disgusting piece of textile out to the road. Then I showered and went to the courthouse. And called another family member to take the dog to the vet. Where he had to have treatment and stay overnight. For two nights. $$$$.

On Saturday we had rain - yay! The garden needs it. But Sarah, Marley and Joan came downstairs and said, "Mom, the ceiling in the playroom is leaking. Over your yarn and sewing machine." Oh, dear. A new roof was not on my horizon - at least not that I knew. Our roof is only 8 years old...

And Joan had college orientation and needed a parent to be there. That would be me. As Steve was very busy with an important project and could not take off from work for the three days orientation was going on. (Besides that, he now needs to work VERY HARD to make $$$$ for a new roof. Unless the leak is the result of wind damage, which means someone needs to go up on that scary Victorian roof and have a look-see, and I can't even begin to think that high or far just now.)

God is good. I was dismissed most days in time to cover most of my other obligations, including the museum and orientation. And I survived. And that week is now in the past.

Now I'm looking forward to a new week.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Monkey Mind said...

Yikes! What a week! I hope your pup is OK and you are recovering your sanity. And your roof stopped leaking. Here's to a better week!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Margo said...

oh good grief. That is too much. I hope you have some very good things this week to soothe your spirit.
And I hope your sewing machine was not damaged!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Christian - Modobject@Home said...

Ahhh, jury duty. I wondered what your were up too. When it rains it pours... literally and figuratively!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Let's hope this week is a little less hectic.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I wondered where you were. Sandra said she saw you at Camp War Eagle. I hope your puppy is doing better, you find a new rug, get your roof fixed at a reasonable cost, don't have to sit on the jury and were able to salvage your yarn, etc.!! Whew, I'm tired just thinking about all of that! have a great day...Love you!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Apron Thrift Girl said...

We've had weeks like that, well actually a month like that. It also included leaks, broken fridge, broken AC and sickness. Hugs and I hope everything shifts for you and gets much better.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home