Friday, May 11, 2007

Graduation gifts

It's graduation month here, and we have lots of grads to congratulate. Jacy graduated from homeschool. The ladies at Covenant Presbyterian gave the graduating senior girls a "graduation blessing" last week. Jacy, Mary Beth, and Diana were honored, blessed, and received many gifts. (We gave Mary Beth and Diana jewelry.)


Three boys from church are also graduating. We're giving Matt two MST3K movies. We'll give the other two boys money.


Kira graduated from Auburn yesterday. She and her roommate leave for Italy tomorrow and will be gone for 10 days. We gave her money to use on her trip.


Laurie gets her PhD from Alabama on Saturday. We'll head to Tuscaloosa that afternoon to celebrate with her. We're giving her a pair of socks I knitted.


When I graduated from high school I received gifts in the form of sheets, towels, jewelry, and devotionals. And checks. (When I graduated from Auburn I didn't get anything - probably because I didn't send out announcements and because I refused to sweat to death for hours under a nylon gown in the coliseum just to walk across a stage for two seconds and be handed a blank piece of paper. I chose to go straight to the basement of Mary E. Martin Hall and pick up my actual diploma.) But I'm a very poor selector of graduation gifts for others. I'm too indecisive and worry that I'll give something the graduate already has. I need to learn more about appropriate graduation gifts, I guess.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Tom's cake looked pretty amazing! The many talents of Joan :) I love how in most every picture of Cocoa, she's sleeping :)

~Karin

6:37 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

I'm never good at graduation gifts either. We usually just give money. I'm going to ask my son what he found to be the most useful in his first year of college and maybe get some ideas that way. Congratulations to all of your graduates!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home