Thursday, August 28, 2008

Super Fig Cobbler


One of my parents' friends has seven fig trees. Dad picked a box of figs for us to enjoy, and we ate some fresh, but I wanted to do something else with the rest of them. I like to quarter the ripe figs, put a dollop of goat cheese in the middle of each fig, drizzle honey over them, and broil them in the oven for a few minutes. But no one else will eat them that way.

I found this recipe for Super Fig Cobbler and asked Joan and Jacy if they'd make it for me. They did and it was fantastic! It tasted more like apple cobbler to me, and the recipe says you can substitute apples for figs. We halved the recipe, and it made a standard pie. The pastry was delicious, too.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

Yum, I'll have some of those broiled figs with you :)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home