Monday, November 10, 2008

Block 3 - finished


I did run out of yarn before finishing the block. Knit Picks no longer sells the color "Asparagus" and my third skein ran out about 1/4 of the way through the bind-off row. But I remembered throwing away about 16 inches of yarn from the end of the 2nd skein, and for once I was happy David had slacked off on his trash duty - I found the piece of yarn in the trash can! I tied it to the working yarn with a square knot and finished binding off. It's not beautiful, but as it's on the back of the blanket it doesn't show, and functionality is what I'm after anyway.

Now I'm praying and hoping that 4 skeins of yarn is enough for Block 4, or I'll be running out of yarn again... .

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Save every inch of yarn until you're sure. :)

7:19 AM  
Blogger Charity said...

Whew! I'm so glad you found that last piece of yarn! :0)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa Kay said...

Hi,

Now that I'm spinning, I'm thinking of keeping every snip of fiber. Maybe I'll start carding it...

Hee, hee!

Lisa Kay

7:41 PM  
Blogger Dana in Georgia said...

I m.u.s.t. learn how to knit!

In our family, there is a very prized log cabin afghan/blanket made in the fifties by my paternal grandmother: multi-colored with black edging, it is quite striking.

I need to take a picture of it.

PS I'll be thinking of you when I watch the Bulldogs *beat* Auburn this afternoon :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Gorgeous!!

I think I am going to go with World Lit. Now I have lots of reading and re-reading to do....

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home