Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Irish Diamond Lace Shawl


Mom's Irish Diamond Lace Shawl (pattern from Cheryl Oberle's book, Folk Shawls) is coming along well. I like the pattern and it's not too tricky, although each row takes a while to knit - and the rows are only going to grow longer still. My goal is to have it finished by the time cooler temperatures arrive.


(Jack just wants me to set it down anywhere because he likes to sleep on wool. This exasperated look from him was because I would not allow him to settle down on the shawl for his afternoon nap.)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

You cat does look exasperated. :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger GoodyGirlRed said...

I love your choice of color--very pretty.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Margo said...

shawls are so useful and that is a gorgeous eggplant color. I could use a long knitting project (I'm ready for winter!!!), so I may look this book up. Thanks.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Becks said...

The shawl looks lovely. Is it taking a long time to work then? Shawls always seem so time consuming but I would love to make one to snuggle up with baby in the winter.... Just lack the patience and time for long projects ;-)
Loving your cats look of disdain lol.
xx

3:46 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It's not really too long of a project - it's just that I do have to pay attention to the pattern, so I don't just roll it up and take it with me anywhere to knit. So if my evening doesn't include a peaceful time without distractions, I don't bother getting it out. I figured that if I worked 4 rows each day I'd finish in 40 days.

And the color was of Mom's choosing to wear to her Red Hat Ladies meetings.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Ashes said...

Your porch looks so inviting. When the weather cools off I shall appear with my laptop or cross-stitch (I don't knit).

Btw - I think that jar needs more needles in it. HA!

ps: I FOUND YOU! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ashley - you know the way to my house! I'll be expecting you, Jack and Gus and the kids can play and you and I will sit on the porch and do needlework!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home