Thursday, June 15, 2006

Soleil for summer

On Monday I finished knitting up Soleil from the knitty.com website.


Knitting this pattern was an enjoyable experience. The pattern was well-written and easy to follow - so much so that even though I put the knitting down for a couple of weeks, I was still able to pick it up and start knitting again with no confusion. Had I cast on and knit steadily a few hours each day, I would have finished it in less than a week.

I used a size 7 circular needle (my Denise needles were perfect for this job) with Classic Elite's Premiere in the color Camellia .

Even though the yarn's ballband specified handwashing in cold water, I machine washed my completed Soleil in cold water, then lay it flat to dry and it did fine. The yarn is so soft - probably because of the tencel - and I wore the tank on Tuesday. I wouldn't mind knitting several more of these!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeannine said...

That's really pretty. I'm going to get out my knitting needles once again and try to improve my skills.

My great aunt was a wonderful knitter and learned when she was a little girl. When she grew old she became blind but could still knit away--she'd been watching television while knitting for years. Even though she could no longer see, she could knit the cutest little baby outfits and all sorts of fine detail work.

I inherited all of her knitting needles and paraphernalia. I don't even know what to do with half of it yet.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Ams said...

That is such a pretty tank, Laura! It's very flattering!! Way to go!

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home