Friday, April 20, 2007

Cocoa is sick...

(Cocoa looks like she's smoking, but it's a rawhide chew toy in her mouth.)




This is what I feared when we discussed getting a dog. Eventually a pet gets sick. It may need medical care, or it may get better on its own.

Cocoa is sick. We took her to the vet this afternoon. Lisa, the veterinarian, examined our puppy, ran a blood test, and gave us our options. For now we are opting for Cocoa to stay overnight at the clinic. Lisa will call us tomorrow morning to let us know if Cocoa is better, or if we need her to remain there until Monday.

And we are praying for wisdom for our vet and for discernment for us if we have to eventually make hard decisions for Cocoa.



Update: Lisa called me at 7:30 p.m. - she thinks it was poison. Steve put some fire ant poison out a few days ago and Cocoa may have walked in it, then licked herself. Certainly the list of symptoms from ingesting that type of chemical match several of the symptoms Cocoa has. So we'll hear from Dr. Lisa again tomorrow morning, and we're hoping Cocoa will be better.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Laura... I'm so sorry! I'll say a pray for your family and Cocoa. When we first got our Beagle she got sick and it was awful. She ended up on some special food for a few weeks and got better.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Wool Winder said...

I hope cocoa gets better soon.

9:27 AM  
Blogger I love a Good Yarn said...

Thank you, Laura, for praying for my dad and mom and myself. God is still good.
I have lifted you and your family and puppy up to the Lord. Let us know how it goes.
Julie

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

Oh no! We'll pray for you and Cocoa too. My brother's dog was poisoned from a neighbouring golf course and it was not pleasant.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home