Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mindless knitting in Cancun

While we were in Mexico I knitted a linen shawl while I read. It was pure, mindless, knitting bliss. Using two skeins of green Sun Drenched Linens by BlueRidgeYarns.com (that I bought several years ago at the Fall Fiber Festival in Virginia) and size 15 Denise needles, I cast on 40 stitches, then knit every row, increasing in the first and last stitch on each row. I did not use all my yarn (each skein had 170 yards), but I came close.


Isn't the front porch rocker a good model? But Marley tried it, too.




I think I'll enjoy using it as a summer shawl.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Charity said...

The shawl is lovely, a beautiful colour! :0)

12:07 PM  
Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Mindless knitting can produce beautiful items. Lovely shawl.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Donna Boucher said...

I'm think of making a shawl with some linen/flax. It's kinda a rough yarn to knit with...but I like the results :o)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home