tagged me - what fun!
1. Grab the book nearest you, turn to page 18 and find line 4. Shakespeare's Flowers
"... have been observed by Shakespeare on an afternoon walk..."
2. Stretch out your left arm as far as you can. What can you touch? The bookcase containing the children's current schoolbooks.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV? The news (about a week ago).
4. Without looking, guess what time it is. 11:00 a.m.
5. Now look at the clock. What is the actual time? 11:12 a.m.
6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear? Marley and Sam playing with Playmobil; the air conditioner humming; the dryer.
7. When did you last step outside? What were you doing? Fifteen minutes ago I took the trash out.
8. Before you started this survey, what did you look at? Jeannine's blog. I've had company all week (it was wonderful) and I didn't get on the computer at all while they were here, so now it's time to check all the blogs I enjoy.
9. What are you wearing? A green t-shirt from the most recent Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival, hand-me-down greenish shorts from Penny, and my green Birkenstocks.
10. Did you dream last night? Yes, but I can't remember what I dreamed now.
11. When did you last laugh? This morning, as we visited with our friends before they left.
12. What is on the walls of the room you are in? Books on shelves, three paintings by Joan, two prints of places in California, two clocks, three matted and framed sheets of stamps, a cross-stitched sampler of "The Nine Parts of Speech," a picture of a porch with a swing and Matthew 6:33 written out beneath it, a print of a bouquet of flowers, and a print of a landscape that's faintly reminiscent of Constable's paintings.
13. Seen anything weird lately? A series of articles in the Birmingham News chronicling the exploits of the Presbyterian (U.S.A.) General Assembly this past week.
14. What do you think of this quiz? It's my first time to do one - Thanks, Jeannine, for including me!
15. What is the last film you saw? Nacho Libre
last night with our family and friends.
16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy? Concrete for a parking area beside our garage, materials to finish out the garage apartment, and the rest for the building expansion of our church in Virginia.
17. Tell me something about you that I don't know. When I pump gas, the dollar/cents amount always has to end in a 0 or a 5 (e.g., $34.15 or $21.80). I will squeeze drops of gasoline into the tank, if necessary, in order to get the amount due to be a multiple of 5.
18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt and politics, what would you do? Make DDT available in all countries that are still plagued with malaria (or other deadly pest-borne diseases).
19. Do you like to dance? Only in my livingroom with my babies.
20. George Bush: Daddy Bush--; Baby Bush-- I don't get this. It looks kind of like an SAT comparison.
21. Imagine your first child is a girl. What do you call her? We named our first daughter Jane, but call her Jacy.
22. Imagine your first child is a boy. What do you call him? We named our first son Thomas, and we call him Tom.
23. Would you ever consider living abroad? Yes, but I'm a real stick-in-the-mud and avoid change as much as possible and would have to pray a lot to get ready for it.
24. What would you want God to say to you when you reach the pearly gate? I have to echo Jeannine, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant..."
25. 3 people who must also do this quiz in their blog: Well, must
is a pretty strong word, so I'll just say I'd enjoy seeing these people answer the quiz - Donna
, and Carmon